A showing & discussion of The Power of Myth with Joseph Campbell and Bill Moyers. We will be watching the 1 hour film and discussing meaningful points afterward.
Showing will be held in the Fireplace Room at the Center for Symbolic Studies (310 River Road Ext. New Paltz, NY 12561)
Topics discussed in the Film:
The Troubadours, Eros, romantic love, Tristan, libido vs. credo, separation from love, Satan, loving your enemy, the Crucifixion as atonement, virgin birth, the story of Isis, Osiris and Horus, the Madonna, the Big Bang, the correlation between the earth or mother Goddess and images of fertility (the sacred feminine).
This is a portion of our on-going Campbell events which are:
- February 21 - Finding Joe – The Rosendale Theater
- February 26 - Encountering Joe – Discussion of the film “Finding Joe”
- March 4 - The Power of Myth Part 1 – The Hero’s Adventure
- March 18 - Interpretation – Tools for finding meaning in Story
- April 1 - The Power of Myth Part 2 – The Message of the Myth
- April 15 - Myth in the Body – Stories in Yoga, Tai Chi, Body Language and the Martial Arts
- May 6 - The Power of Myth Part 3 – The First Storytellers
- May 20 - The Creative Spark – Finding Inspirations and Lessons in the Mythic Patterns of World Stories
- Jun 3 - The Power of Myth Part 4 – Sacrifice and Bliss
- Jun 17 - Art of Storytelling – Using myth and symbol to reach the deep roots of your listener’s psyche
- Jul 1 - The Power of Myth Part 5 – Love and the Goddess
- Jul 15 - Archetypes and Secrets behind a Dark Hero
- Aug 5 - The Power of Myth Part 6 – Masks of Eternity
- Aug 19 - Cultivating Synchronicity – Discussion Group
- Sep 2 - The Hero’s Journey – Joseph Campbell’s Life & Work
- Sep 16 - The Changing World – Ancient Roots to Modern Causes
- Oct 5-8 Celebrating the Mythic Life – a 3 day conference celebrating the 25th Anniversary of Joseph Campbell’s passing and work.